March is Brain Injury Awareness Month
March 1, 2023 - March 31, 2023
Many people with disabilities have their lives defined for them. The #MoreThanMyBrainInjury campaign gives individuals a chance to overcome those definitions, allowing them to tell their own stories and change the narrative of their lives.
This Brain Injury Awareness Month, join the #MoreThanMyBrainInjury campaign in a way that feels uniquely you.
How You Can Get Involved
- Share your story. Whether you want to share your story in writing, post to social media, explore your artistic side, or amplify the voices of others, there are many different paths to raising awareness of brain injury. Tag BIAA in your post or use the #MoreThanMyBrainInjury hashtag to participate. Continue reading to access our creative resources.
- Get another perspective. Read or watch the personal experiences of members of the brain injury community. Watch one of our social media live streams or download campaign collateral.
- Speak out. Advocates with a personal investment in the cause make the greatest champions. Consider writing a letter to the editor. Continue reading to access resources for engaging the media.
- Mobilize. Review our 2023 Legislative Issue Briefs and stay tuned for updates on activities for Brain Injury Awareness Day.
- Do more. Ready to take the next step? Join the many BIAA supporters who are raising funds for brain injury services, support, and research all across the United States. Start your fundraiser today!
- Buy More Than My Brain Injury merchandise. Mugs, t-shirts, and sweatshirts are available for purchase in our online store. When you buy a product, a portion of the proceeds go toward supporting BIAA programs. Access the store here.
- Stay updated. Join our email list to receive updates all month long about ways to get involved. Sign up for updates.