Information & Eligibility
In order to be eligible:
- Applicant must be a current Certified Brain Injury Specialist Trainer (CBIST); or
- Applicant must be a current Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) who has held the certification for 3 or more consecutive years.
Cost & Fees
There is no cost associated with the Brain Injury Fundamentals Instructor Application. In the application under payment method, please use the code CBISBIFI (if you are a current CBIS) or CBISTBIFI (if you are a current CBIST).
- Submit the Brain Injury Fundamentals Instructor Application once you have verified that you completed all required fields. A confirmation email will be delivered to your inbox.
Make sure to select Brain Injury Fundamentals Instructor at the top of the application.Use the ACBIS Credentials Recovery Form to retrieve your ACBIS registration number.
You will not need to complete the Training & Quiz Details section.
- Instructors must watch a recorded “Train-the-Trainer” webinar. Instructions on how to access the “Train-the-Trainer” will be sent to candidates in a separate email.
- Submit answer responses to “Train-the-Trainer” questions (provided in the email referenced above) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt, candidates will receive notification of official approval and instructions on how to access training materials via email.
- Once a course has been coordinated and date has been set, the instructor and/or designated class administrator must officially register the course with ACBIS by submitting Part A of the Fundamentals Training Registration Form to email@example.com. Upon submission, the instructor or designated class administrator will receive a confirmation email along with a link, unique to that specific class, to the online quiz.
- The Fundamentals bundle must be purchased prior to the course. Payments should be received by BIAA at least two to
three weeks in advance of the training to ensure workbooks will arrive in time. Please note: Orders received by 3 p.m. EST Thursday will
ship on Friday. Payments made past that time will ship out the following Friday.
If the payment is made via check, please include this accompanying form.
Otherwise, payments may be made online via credit card in BIAA's Marketplace through this link.
Please remember to make note of the check number or the BIAA Marketplace confirmation number as it will need to be entered in the designated field on the Brain Injury Fundamentals form when participants claim their certificate.
- The training course is held. At the end of training, instructors must direct participants to complete the quiz and form to claim their certificates.
If the instructor paid for the applications & workbooks, he/she must provide the Order ID to the applicants. The quiz and form may
be completed at a later time, but the links must be distributed to the participants.
- Once training is complete, the instructor and/or class administrator must provide the class roster to ACBIS by submitting Part B of the Fundamentals Training Registration Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Confirmation of payment will also need to be tracked and recorded on the form.
- A certificate will be issued to each participant via email once ACBIS verifies their attendance of training, receipt of payment and successful
completion of the quiz and form.