Information & Eligibility
In order to be eligible:
- Applicant must be a current Certified Brain Injury Specialist Trainer (CBIST); or
- Applicant must be a current Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) who has held the certification for 3 or more consecutive years.
Cost & Fees
There is no cost associated with the Brain Injury Fundamentals Instructor Application. Each instructor is limited to one Fundamentals workbook, which can be purchased post-approval in the ACBIS Fundamentals Instructors Secure Zone.
- Submit the Brain Injury Fundamentals Application once you have verified that you have completed all required fields. A confirmation email will be delivered to your inbox. Please note:
Make sure to select Brain Injury Fundamentals Instructor at the top of the application.Use the ACBIS Credentials Recovery Form to retrieve your ACBIS registration number.If you are a current CBIS of 3 or more years: Under Payment Method, please type CBISBIFI in the Order ID field.If you are a current CBIST: Under Payment Method, please type CBISTBIFI in the Order ID field.
- Instructors must watch a recorded “Train-the-Trainer” webinar. Instructions on how to access the “Train-the-Trainer” will be sent to candidates in a separate email.
- Submit answer responses to “Train-the-Trainer” questions (provided in the email referenced above) to email@example.com. Upon receipt, candidates will receive notification of official Brain Injury Fundamentals Instructor approval via email. A separate email will also be sent with instructions on how to access the training materials.
- Once approved, instructors can proceed to arrange trainings.
- Applicants must purchase and submit a Brain Injury Fundamentals Application.
- Instructors must submit the Fundamentals Training Registration Form with
the names and registration numbers of attendees as well as the dates of the course. We recommend submitting this form at least two weeks
prior to scheduled training.
- Applications will be approved and applicants will receive access to the quiz upon receipt of the application, payment, and training registration
form (see steps two and three above).