Information & Eligibility
In order to be eligible:
- Applicant must be a current Certified Brain Injury Specialist Trainer (CBIST); or
- Applicant must be a current Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS) who has held the certification for 3 or more consecutive years.
Cost & Fees
There is no cost associated with the Brain Injury Fundamentals Instructor Application. In the application under payment method, please use the code CBISBIFI (if you are a current CBIS) or CBISTBIFI (if you are a current CBIST).
- Submit the Brain Injury Fundamentals Application once you have verified that you completed all required fields. A confirmation email will be delivered to your inbox. Please note:
Make sure to select Brain Injury Fundamentals Instructor at the top of the application.Use the ACBIS Credentials Recovery Form to retrieve your ACBIS registration number.
- Instructors must watch a recorded “Train-the-Trainer” webinar. Instructions on how to access the “Train-the-Trainer” will be sent to candidates in a separate email.
- Submit answer responses to “Train-the-Trainer” questions (provided in the email referenced above) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Upon receipt, candidates will receive notification of official approval and instructions on how to access training materials via email.
- Instructors must officially register courses with ACBIS by submitting the Fundamentals Training Registration Form. We recommend submitting this form at least three weeks prior to scheduled training.
- Applicants must purchase and submit a Brain Injury Fundamentals Application.
- Upon receipt of the training registration form, application, and payment, a confirmation email will be delivered to the applicant's inbox. Instructions on how to schedule the quiz will be included in the email.
- Individual applicants, or instructors, must submit a Fundamentals Quiz Generation Card to email@example.com and receive approval in order to access and take the quiz. The
Quiz Generation Card must be submitted at least 24 hours in advance of the preferred date & time. Requests are typically processed
within one business day.