ACBIS Examination Proctor Information
ACBIS Exam Blackout Dates
Testing will not be available from 12/19-1/3. Please contact ACBIS if there are any scheduling conflicts as exceptions may be made prior to those dates.
Welcome! This page contains important information regarding accessing the examination(s) for the applicant(s) for whom you are serving as an examination proctor.
Please familiarize yourself with this process prior to the test date:
- Proctor Agreements: Please click here to review the proctor agreements that you have agreed to upon registration.
- Pre-approval: Each applicant sitting for the examination must receive a confirmation email stating that their application has been approved before proceeding with testing.
- Examination Scheduling: ACBIS has continuous testing windows and can be scheduled for any 2-hour windows with the exception of occasional blackout dates (please see header for any blackout notices). The examination may be scheduled after business hours, weekends, and holidays, but technical assistance from ACBIS will not be provided during those times. The 2-hour window must be approved by ACBIS through the use of the Exam Generation Card. The test should ideally be administered a few weeks after the training has been completed and/or sufficient time for self-study has been allowed.
- Group Status Report: Use the Group Status Report at any time to determine the exam status of your group applicants. You will need your Group Administrator Credentials and Group ID to populate information in this report.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Use the FAQ document here that may be helpful to you with the electronic test.
Important Testing Information & Guidelines
- The exam is administered online and must be monitored by an approved proctor. The exam should be taken in a quiet room with no distractions. Cell phones must be shut off, items brought into the room placed under the chair and outside papers, books, and notes are not allowed at the testing area.
- No assistance of any kind may be given or used. Cheating is not allowed. Cheating can include speaking to another during the testing process, reading papers or looking at another person’s screen or leaving the testing screen while taking the test. Cheating will disqualify from certification. If cheating is observed, the candidate will be asked to leave the room.
- This test is proprietary and belongs to the Brain Injury Association of America. During or after the test, applicants cannot share or write down questions. The proctor must verify the candidate submitted the exam before being allowed to leave the room. Upon completion of the test, the candidate must shut down the testing screen.
- The exam link should be provided to the applicant only immediately prior to the examination.
- Each applicant has exactly two hours to complete the examination (unless accommodations have been requested under the ADA and approved) and the proctor must be present during the entirety of the examination.
- There are 70 multiple choice questions. All of the questions are equal in value. Each question has five answer choices. There is only one correct answer for each question.
- Candidates must score 80% or higher on the examination in order to pass and receive certification.
The following instructions explain the process for testing after each applicant has submitted an application and it has been approved. If the application has not been approved, you will not be able to complete the process below.
Examination Generation / Scheduling
The Proctor(s) must submit an Exam Generation Card for each applicant and receive ACBIS approval for the requested testing session. Exam requests are time sensitive and must be submitted at least one business day prior to the preferred testing date & time although it is recommended to submit further in advance as the first choice preferences are not guaranteed.
The Proctor(s) will need his/her proctor credentials, the applicant’s registration number and two preferred 2-hour window testing periods.
Examination Day Requirements
The Proctor(s) must provide the electronic copy of the approved Exam Generation Card email, which includes the following information: 1) Approved Testing Date, 2) Approved 2-Hour Window Session (unless accommodations have been requested under the ADA and approved), 3) Exam Link (each link is unique to each applicant), and 4) ACBIS Account Credentials Recovery Form (which can be used to retrieve the examinee’s account information).
The examinee will need his/her own ACBIS account information, such as Username, Password, and Registration Number, to log in and submit the exam.
Examination Results Notification
Examinees will receive immediate notification via email of their exam score upon completing the online examination. Upon passing the examination, a certificate will be sent to the primary email address that was provided with the initial application. For those who do not pass, further information on the examination can be found below.
Examination Reschedules / Retakes
Reschedules: The Proctor(s) will need to email ACBIS at firstname.lastname@example.org with the examinee’s name and new preferred testing date & time. The second choice on the Exam Generation Card is not automatically scheduled in the system.
Retakes: Candidates who do not pass the examination on the first administration may take one retest within one year of the initial application date at no additional charge. The Proctor(s) will need to submit another Exam Generation Card with a new available testing date/time and select a different examination version.
Candidates who do not pass the examination after two attempts must contact ACBIS at email@example.com in order to reapply if they intend to continue the pursuit of ACBIS certification.
If you need assistance with this process, please contact the ACBIS Coordinator at 703-761-0750 x631 or firstname.lastname@example.org.