CBIST applications are maintained for one year, beginning on the date of application. Applicants have the full year to complete the process (application approval, testing, and retesting if necessary). If the applicant fails to complete the process, they will be required to reapply.
Complete and submit a User Account Setup Form. A confirmation email with important information regarding your next steps will be delivered to your inbox.
Upon receipt of the User Account Setup Approval Email, please complete the CBIST Application Form. A link to the application is included in the confirmation email. Note that you are required to attach an electronic version of your CV or resume to the application.
In addition to the electronic application, candidates are required to submit the following information to the ACBIS office:
- University or college transcript
- Certificate of attendance at conferences, workshops, seminars
- Syllabus indicating applicant is the instructor
- Front page of published article, newsletter, chapter, book that demonstrates authorship
- Letter from supervisor or director stating applicant's experience with in-service training and/or activity/support group facilitation, which must be written on company letterhead and must include the dates in which the training/events occurred.
- Applicants may provide other types of documentation with prior approval from the ACBIS office
Before submitting the CBIST Application Form, you will need to pay your application fee. Applications cannot be approved until payment has been
- If you wish to make your payment via check, please include this accompanying form. Please remember to include the check number in the designated field on the CBIST Application Form.
- Credit card payments may be made in BIAA's Marketplace by clicking here. Please remember to include the BIAA Marketplace confirmation number in the designated field on the CBIST Application Form.
Verify you have completed and attached all required fields and actions on the CBIST Application Form and press Submit.
Instructions to Transition from CBIS to CBIST Certification
The process described below is intended for those who are transitioning from CBIS to CBIST certification. Please ensure that you have met the requirements to transition. If you are unsure if you meet the requirements or would like to do a "pre-approval", you are welcome to complete and return this questionnaire along with a copy of your resume/CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. This helps both CBIST applicants and ACBIS determine eligibility prior to submitting a full application and payment.
Current CBIS certificants must complete the entire application process with the exception of taking the examination. Candidates who wish to transition must submit everything as described in steps 2-5. Candidates will need to use their existing CBIS credentials to complete and submit the electronic CBIST application. Please email us for further information and access to the application.