The Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA) is celebrating a movement that began more than 40 years ago with a grassroots effort to improve the care and treatment of millions living with brain injury. As we celebrate our anniversary, we invite you to participate in the storytelling and celebrations this coming year.
Take BIAA’s 40th Anniversary Challenge!
The National Head Injury Foundation — or the Brain Injury Association of America, as it is known today — was founded September 23, 1980. Join us as we celebrate four decades of commitment to advancing awareness, research, treatment, and education and improving the quality of life for all people affected by brain injury.
On the eve of this milestone, BIAA finds itself challenged like never before. In addition to the millions of people who sustain brain injuries each year, complications from COVID-19, the opioid epidemic, and other causes have driven the need for the Association’s services to an all-time high. You can make a difference. Take the 40th Anniversary Challenge… it’s as easy as 1-2-3!
- Sign up to participate (the challenge runs through September 30)
- Let us help you set up your personal web page (click here to email us)
- Get 40 people to each donate $40. You can use our sample email messages and social media graphics to help you meet your goal.
What does this mean to our community?
- $40 provides a year’s worth of resources to an individual or family by providing up-to-date information, timely news, and critical resources through publications like THE Challenge!
- $400 funds the National Brain Injury Information Center (NBIIC) for one day, providing information and resources to people living with brain injury and their families
- $4,000 supports a young scientist in completing doctoral research focusing on an increased understanding of brain injury through BIAA’s Brain Injury Research Fund
As a thank you for your commitment to taking the 40th Anniversary Challenge:
- Your photo may be included in a full page ad honoring all 40th Anniversary Challenge participants in an upcoming issue of THE Challenge!
- You will be listed on our 40th Anniversary web page
- You will receive a special BIAA-branded prize
- You will get a personal shout out on our social media channels
If you need help creating your custom peer-to-peer fundraising page, contact our development team at 703-761-0750 ext. 645 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.