Resources in Montana
AMVETS and Disabled American Veterans (DAV) offers information, counseling and claims service to all honorably discharged veterans and their dependents concerning disability compensation, hospitalization, rehabilitation, pension, education, employment, and other benefits.
Toll Free Number: 800-827-1000
3633 Veterans Dr
Fort Harrison, MT 59636
Brain Injury Support Groups
Brain injury support groups can be a valuable source of information, emotional support, encouragement and social activities for people who have sustained a brain injury as well as family members and other caregivers.
- Billings MT Brain Injury Support Group
- Phone Number: 406-656-2744
LIFTT Bldg 1201 Grand Ave
Billings, MT 59101
- Date/Time of Meeting: 3rd Tuesday of the month 7:30 pm
- Bozeman MT Brain Injury Support Group
- Phone Number: 406 763 4268
- Address: Bozeman Senior Center 807 N Tracy Ave
Bozeman, MT 59715
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date/Time of Meeting: 3rd Friday of the month, 1:00 pm
Contact: Mary DeBernardis: (406) 763-4268; email@example.com
Kathryn Quinn McBee: (406) 388-2007
- Butte MT Brain Injury Support Group
- Phone Number: 406 490 2478
- Address: St Anne's Church 2100 Farragut Ave Butte, MT 59701
- Date/Time of Meeting: 4th Monday of the month 6:30 pm
- Crow Agency, MT Brain Injury Support Group
- Phone Number: 406 665 5851
- Address: Crow Nation Express Center 42 Hospital Loop Crow Agency MT 59022
- Date/Time of Meeting: 2nd Thursday of the month at Noon.
- Great Falls Brain Injury Support Group
- Phone Number: 406-453-6028
- Address: Benefits East Malisani Room 1101 26th St S
Great Falls, MT 59405
- Date/Time of Meeting: 2nd Tuesday of the month 7:00 pm
- Kalispell Brain Injury Support Group
- Phone Number: 406-756-4725
- Address: The Summit Hwy 93 North Kalispell, MT
- Date/Time of Meeting: 2nd Monday of the month 6:00 pm
- Missoula Brain Injury Support Group
- Phone Number: 406-549-2146
- Address: River City Grill 7985 MT-200 Missoula, MT
- Date/Time of Meeting: 2nd Thursday of the month 11:00 am
- Helena Disability Rights Montana Brain Injury Support Group
- Phone Number: 406-431-4516
- Address: Disability Rights Center 1022 Chestnut
- Date/Time of Meeting: 3rd Wednesday of the month 7:00 pm
Contact Karen Cyr: 406-449-2538 for more information.
- Libby North Valley Families in Partnership Support Group
- Phone Number: 406-293-6518
- Address: Families In Partnership 83 Collins Ave Libby, MT 59923
- Website: www.nvsg.org
- Date/Time of Meeting: 3rd Thursday of the month 5:30 pm. Call to confirm
- Helena Coffee Group
- Address: Fireside Coffee 1446 Euclid Helena, MT
- Date/Time of Meeting: 1st Wednesday of the month 7:00 pm
- Lame Deer, MT Brain Injury Support Group
- Phone Number: call 406-477-3641 x21
- Address: Chief Dull Knife College Vocational Rehabilitation 1 College Drive
- Date/Time of Meeting: 2nd Wednesday of the month 5:30 pm
- Missoula Puzzle Group
- Phone Number: 406-544-6629
- Address: Westside Lanes and Fun Center 1615 Wyoming St Missoula MT
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date/Time of Meeting: every Saturday 9 am
For more information:Contact: Jim Mickelson: 406-544-6629; email@example.com
Doug Combs: (406) 549-2146; Ddcombs@bresnan.net
Client Assistance Program
The Client Assistance Program (CAP) can provide information and support to individuals who have questions or complaints about Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) services in their state. The CAP program can explain the rights and responsibilities of people receiving services from VR, can mediate disputes between clients and VR, and can advise or assist in filing formal complaints or appeals of VR decisions.
Independent Living Center
Independent Living Centers are non-residential, private, non-profit, consumer-controlled, community-based organizations providing services and advocacy by and for persons with all types of disabilities. Each ILC offers independent living skills training, peer counseling, and information about services that can assist a person live as independently as possible in the community.
Medicaid provides basic health care for people who have a disability, limited income, or receive certain other government benefits. Medicaid offices offer information on who is eligible and how to apply for Medicaid. In some states, a Medicaid home and community-based services waiver (HCBS) exists, which helps people with brain injury who prefer to get long-term care services and supports in their home or community instead of an institutional setting like a nursing home.
Phone Number: 406-444-5622
111 North Sanders Room 301
Helena, MT 59620
Parent Training and Information Center
Parent Training and Information Centers help parents of children with disabilities, including brain injury, understand their rights and obtain appropriate services for their children within the school system. Services can include peer to peer support and assistance, advocacy for services, parent or school training, and referral to available community resources.
Protection and Advocacy
The Protection and Advocacy office works with people with disabilities, including brain injury, to ensure access to appropriate supports and services which can include educational programs, financial entitlements, healthcare, accessible housing, transportation, and employment opportunities. It also works to prevent the abuse, neglect and inappropriate placement of people with disabilities.
State Insurance Department
State Insurance Departments are state agencies that ensure insurance companies obey all state insurance laws and regulations. They can offer information about insurance laws in the state, and assist consumers in resolving complaints or concerns with insurance companies.
A federal/state program designed to assist people with a disability to return to gainful employment. Individualized services can include assessment, evaluation, career counseling, counseling, job training and job support.
Phone Number: 406-444-2590
Toll Free Number: 877-296-1197
111 Sanders Ste 307
Helena, MT 59604
Check out our Brain Injury Community to meet, hear from, and engage with others like you.Get Involved
Visit the Marketplace
Check out our brain injury products, educational opportunities, and more.Shop Now
Speak to a Brain Injury Expert
Contact BIAA's National Brain Injury Information Center (NBIIC) today.Give us a call