Resources in Montana
AMVETS and Disabled American Veterans (DAV) offers information, counseling and claims service to all honorably discharged veterans and their dependents concerning disability compensation, hospitalization, rehabilitation, pension, education, employment, and other benefits.
Toll Free Number: 800-827-1000
3633 Veterans Dr
Fort Harrison, MT 59636
Brain Injury Support Groups
Brain injury support groups can be a valuable source of information, emotional support, encouragement and social activities for people who have sustained a brain injury as well as family members and other caregivers.
- Billings MT Brain Injury Support Group
- Phone Number: 406-656-2744
LIFTT Bldg 1201 Grand Ave
Billings, MT 59101
- Email: email@example.com
- Date/Time of Meeting: 3rd Tuesday of the month 7:00 pm
3rd Tuesday of the month, 7:00 p.m.
LIFTT Building- 1201 Grand Ave.
Contact: Ian Elliot:(406) 656-2744; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bozeman MT Brain Injury Support Group
- Phone Number: 406 763 4268 or 406 388 2007
Bozeman Senior Center 807 N Tracy Ave
Bozeman, MT 59715
- Email: email@example.com
- Date/Time of Meeting: 3rd Tuesday of the month, 10:30 am
3rd Tuesday of the month, 10:30 a.m.
Bozeman Senior Center, 807 N. Tracy Ave.
Regular monthly meeting is 1.5 hours; Ask about holiday events too.Contact: Mary DeBernardis: (406) 763-4268; firstname.lastname@example.org
Kathryn Quinn McBee: (406) 388-2007
- Brain Injury Support Group Great Falls MT
- Phone Number: 406-453-6028
Benefis East Malisani Room 1101 26th St S
Great Falls, MT 59405
- Date/Time of Meeting: 2nd Tuesday of the month 7:00 pm
- Brain Injury Support Group Kalispell MT
- Phone Number: 406-756-4725
The Summit Hwy 93 North
- Date/Time of Meeting: 2nd Monday of the month 6:00 pm
- Brain Injury Support Group Missoula
- Phone Number: 406-329-5784 or 406-549-2146
Providence Center 4th Floor Dining Room
- Date/Time of Meeting: 2nd Thursday of the month 1:30- 2:30 pm
2nd Thursday of the month, 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Providence Center (902 N. Orange St., 4th floor Dining Room)
Contact: Terri Tremper: (406) 329-5784
Doug Combs: (406) 549-2146
Focus on Stroke and Brain Injury Survivors
Hosted by Providence-St. Patrick Hospital
- Brain Injury Support Group MT
- Phone Number: 406-665-5851
Awe Kualawaache Care Center
Crow Agency, MT
- Date/Time of Meeting: 2nd Thursday of the month noon
Contact Dean Bird at 406-665-5851 for more information and meeting location information.
- Disability Rights Montana Brain Injury Support Group
- Phone Number: 406-449-2538
Disability Rights Center 1022 Chestnut
- Email: email@example.com
- Date/Time of Meeting: 3rd Wednesday of the month 7:00 pm
Contact Karen Cyr: 406-449-2538 for more information.
- Families in Partnership MT
- Phone Number: 406-293-6518
- Date/Time of Meeting: 3rd Tuesday of the month 5:30 pm
- Helena Coffee MT
Fireside Coffee 1446 Euclid
- Date/Time of Meeting: 1st Wednesday of the month 7:00 pm
- Lame Deer MT
- Phone Number: call Esther Littlewolf at 406-477-3641
Chief Dull Knife College
- Date/Time of Meeting: 2nd Tuesday of the month 5:30 pm
- Lame Deer:
2nd Tuesday of the month, 5:30 pm
Chief Dull Knife College
Contact: Esther Littlewolf: (406) 477-3641 Ext. 21
- Missoula Puzzle Group
- Phone Number: 406-544-6629 or 406-549-2146
Black Cat Bake Shop 200 W Broadway
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date/Time of Meeting: every Saturday 9 am
- Puzzle Club- Weekly meeting, Saturdays at 9:00 a.m.
Black Cat Bake Shop200 West BroadwayMissoula, MT
For more information:Contact: Jim Mickelson: 406-544-6629; email@example.com
Doug Combs: (406) 549-2146; Ddcombs@bresnan.net
- North Valley Brain Injury Support Group MT
Client Assistance Program
The Client Assistance Program (CAP) can provide information and support to individuals who have questions or complaints about Vocational Rehabilitation (VR) services in their state. The CAP program can explain the rights and responsibilities of people receiving services from VR, can mediate disputes between clients and VR, and can advise or assist in filing formal complaints or appeals of VR decisions.
Independent Living Center
Independent Living Centers are non-residential, private, non-profit, consumer-controlled, community-based organizations providing services and advocacy by and for persons with all types of disabilities. Each ILC offers independent living skills training, peer counseling, and information about services that can assist a person live as independently as possible in the community.
Medicaid provides basic health care for people who have a disability, limited income, or receive certain other government benefits. Medicaid offices offer information on who is eligible and how to apply for Medicaid. In some states, a Medicaid home and community-based services waiver (HCBS) exists, which helps people with brain injury who prefer to get long-term care services and supports in their home or community instead of an institutional setting like a nursing home.
Phone Number: 406-444-5622
111 North Sanders Room 301
Helena, MT 59620
Parent Training and Information Center
Parent Training and Information Centers help parents of children with disabilities, including brain injury, understand their rights and obtain appropriate services for their children within the school system. Services can include peer to peer support and assistance, advocacy for services, parent or school training, and referral to available community resources.
Protection and Advocacy
The Protection and Advocacy office works with people with disabilities, including brain injury, to ensure access to appropriate supports and services which can include educational programs, financial entitlements, healthcare, accessible housing, transportation, and employment opportunities. It also works to prevent the abuse, neglect and inappropriate placement of people with disabilities.
State Insurance Department
State Insurance Departments are state agencies that ensure insurance companies obey all state insurance laws and regulations. They can offer information about insurance laws in the state, and assist consumers in resolving complaints or concerns with insurance companies.
A federal/state program designed to assist people with a disability to return to gainful employment. Individualized services can include assessment, evaluation, career counseling, counseling, job training and job support.
Phone Number: 406-444-2590
Toll Free Number: 877-296-1197
111 Sanders Ste 307
Helena, MT 59604
Check out our Brain Injury Community to meet, hear from, and engage with others like you.Get Involved
Visit the Marketplace
Check out our brain injury products, educational opportunities, and more.Shop Now
Speak to a Brain Injury Expert
Contact BIAA's National Brain Injury Information Center (NBIIC) today.Give us a call