Concussion Story Wall: Kirsten
Categories: Concussion Story Wall
Kirsten reflects on how she sustained a concussion during a water polo match at 20 years old.
To kick-off National Concussion Awareness Day, the Brain Injury Association of America (BIAA) has joined together with CrashCourse to celebrate our 40th Anniversary by offering a sneak peek of 40 of the nearly 4,000 personal stories featured in the TeachAids Concussion Story Wall interactive database.
About the Concussion Story Wall
The Concussion Story Wall is a part of the CrashCourse by TeachAids product suite. It includes thousands of individual stories relating to how the injury occurred, the symptoms experienced, and personal suggestions from those that have lived through it. It is a resource for the many who are impacted including athletes, parents, coaches, officials, teachers, and military veterans.
The Concussion Story Wall will be officially released by Winter 2020 and will include stories that address the following questions:
- What was the cause of your concussion?
- What were your symptoms? (Physical/mental struggles?)
- What was the greatest challenge about your concussion?
- What tips helped you get through your recovery process?
- In retrospect, what is something helpful you could have said to yourself during recovery?
- Were you comfortable sharing experiences about your concussion? Were your family, friends, team, coach, school helpful in this process?
An additional highlight of the Concussion Story Wall is a panel of leading medical experts addressing specific aspects of concussions related to diagnosis, treatment, and recovery. To learn more, click here.