Virtual Support Groups
Seeking support online can be very helpful. Whether you are an individual living with a brain injury or a caregiver, it helps to know you are not alone. Scroll down to find virtual support groups for you and your family.
- The Alabama Head Injury Foundation offers two virtual support group meetings per week. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click here.
- Access Alaska offers an online brain injury support group through Zoom. To register, call 800-770-7940 or email email@example.com.
- A monthly online meeting for male survivors of brain injury is available. To register click here.
- A monthly online meeting for female survivors of brain injury is available. To register click here.
- Family Caregiver virtual support group is available. To register click here.
- Several other virtual support groups are available. For more information about times and how to register click here.
- The TBI Bridge offers virtual support groups for people with brain injury and caregivers on several days each month. Click here to check the website for specific meeting times and to sign up for the meeting.
- In Southern California, the St. Jude Brain Injury Network offers a virtual support group. To get more information about the group visit their website
- San Diego Brain Injury Foundation offers a Saturday morning speaker series. It is not a support group. Visit their website to learn more about the speakers and how to join the meeting.
- There are several virtual brain injury support groups available in Connecticut. To find a current list click here.
- The Brain Injury Association of Delaware offers a virtual support group that meets the fourth Thursday of each month from 6:30-8:30 p.m. ET. The virtual support group is facilitated by Amy Kratz for people living with brain injury, caregivers, and anyone who needs a brain injury support network. For more information, call 302-542-4991. If there is no answer, please leave a voicemail with your phone number and email address to receive the link to participate in support group meetings and important updates as needed.
- A brain injury support group for young adults (18-38) meets online Monday and Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon. For more information and to register for the group contact Dr. Stephanie Karidas email: firstname.lastname@example.org This group is scheduled to meet January through March 2022.
- Advent Health offers several virtual support groups for neurological issues. To read more click here.
- Lee Health offers a virtual brain injury support group. To see more information click here.
Memorial Rehabilitation Institute offers a monthly virtual support group. The group takes place the last Monday of the month from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. To get information about joining call 954-518-5542 or email VSandoval@mhs.net
- The Brain Injury Association of Georgia offers NEW, the state’s first virtual online support group, every Friday at 3 p.m. ET. For more information on how to join, click here.
- Stroke Survivor online support group. For information about the group and to register click here.
- The Brain Injury Association of Indiana offers a virtual support group. For details, call 317-410-3532.
- The Brain Injury Association of Louisiana offers a virtual support group that meets the first Wednesday of each month from 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. CST. Additional virtual groups are offered at various times. For more information and/or to be added to the support group list, please email email@example.com.
- The Brain Injury Association of Maryland offers the following support group options:
- Check-in chats every Friday at noon. To register, click here
- Young Stroke Group meets the first and third Fridays of the month from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET. Contact Susan Emery to learn more.
- The severe brain injury caregiver support group meets online from 7:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m. ET on the second and fourth Sunday of each month using Zoom. Call 301-502-8420 or contact Tom Gallup for more information.
- The Brain Injury Association of Massachusetts has made a temporary transition of their brain injury support groups to virtual settings. Click here to see the schedule of virtual support groups.
The Brain Injury Association of Michigan offers a virtual support group that meets once a month on the third Tuesday of the month at 6pm. To register for this or other local support groups, contact Kathie at 810-229-5880 firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Brain Injury Association of Missouri offers several online support groups. Click here to see the calendar of events.
- A Caregiver Support Group is available on Mondays from 10 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- A brain injury support group for people with brain injury is available on the first Monday of the month from 5 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
- There are several online brain injury support groups available in New Mexico. To learn more click here.
- The Brain Injury Resource Center in NM lists online support groups. For information click here.
- The Brain Injury Association of New York support groups are meeting virtually, either by phone or video conferencing. Click here for more details.
- There is a Support Group that meets the last Monday of the month at 2 p.m.
- Abilitree offers a weekly virtual support group from 4 p.m. to 5 p.m. Thursday. Click here for more details.
- Brain Injury Connections Northwest offers a virtual group every other Saturday. Click here for more details.
- Information for an online support group for parents of a child with a brain injury can be found here.
- The PNW Head Injury Support group is offering an online group. For more information click here.
- The Brain Injury Association of Pennsylvania lists online support groups happening in the the state
- The Brain Injury Association of Rhode Island offers an online support group Tuesday mornings at 10 a.m. and Fridays at 7 p.m. Visit their website for information on how to join the group.
- The Epilepsy Foundation of Middle and West Tennessee has partnered with the Chattanooga Area Brain Injury Association to offer statewide weekly virtual support groups including Art Therapy and a Caregiver Group. For more information, please email Lisa Morgan at email@example.com and Rick Hall at Harlanhall@yahoo.com.
- The Alamo Head Injury Association offers a monthly support group virtually. Click here for more details.
- Austin Brain Injury Association offers a monthly support group online. Click here for more details.
- The Brain Injury Association of Virginia offers the following support group options:
- A virtual support group for caregivers is available. For more information click here.
- A monthly mindfulness session is available virtually. For more information click here.
- The Traumatic Brain Injury Support Program is meeting virtually from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on the second Wednesday of each month. If you are interested in joining, click here to contact Julie.
- The Wyoming stroke/brain injury support group is meeting virtually from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. on the third Tuesday of each month. Click here for more details.
National Support Groups
Severe BI Caregivers is a nationwide online support group that meets virtually twice per month on Sunday evenings. Its goal is to provide support to individuals and families who care for those suffering from any type of serious brain injury. Through an online community of other caregivers, the group shares stories, ideas, suggestions, and words of encouragement. The login can be found on their website: www.severebicaregivers.weebly.com. Or you may contact Tom Gallup at 301-502-8420.
- TryMunity is a non-profit organization increasing awareness and providing support to individuals and families suffering from traumatic brain injury (TBI) through an online social community for survivors and supporters of shared stories, ideas, suggestions, and words of encouragement. TryMunity gives you the opportunity to meet others and create a supportive network, share your story, join a discussion, post a blog, upload photos, and learn from others.
- PINK Concussions’ Women’s Group is a private group for women over 25 who live with brain injury.
- The Smart Patients Brain Injury Discussion Forum is an online support group for patients and caregivers dealing with traumatic brain injury. Members share help, advice and information about treatments, symptoms and side effects.
- The Traumatic Brain Injury Support Group is a place where you can share your frustration, joy, fears, and anything else that pertains to TBIs.
- Hope After Head Injury has monthly online support groups. Visit their site to see the schedule and register.