Leave a Lasting Legacy
A bequest is a gift from your estate – a transfer of cash, securities, or other property made through your estate plans. You can make a bequest to the Brain Injury Association of America by including language in your will or living trust to leave a portion of your estate to the Association or by designating BIAA as a beneficiary of your retirement account or life insurance policy.
Remembering the Brain Injury Association of America with a bequest from your estate will help sustain and strengthen the Association in years to come. Some of the advantages of creating a bequest include:
- Retaining control and use of your assets during your lifetime
- The ability to modify your bequest if your circumstances change
- Tax exemptions as gifts to BIAA from your estate are exempt from federal estate taxes
- If you let BIAA know of your plans, we will be able to thank you now and recognize you as a member of our Futures Fund Legacy Society.
A bequest costs nothing today, yet gives you the satisfaction of knowing you have provided for BIAA in the future. If you’re looking for other planned giving opportunities, click here. For information about giving stocks and securities, click here.
Types of Bequests
- Residuary bequests give all or a portion of the remainder of your estate after payment of expenses and any specific amounts designated to other beneficiaries.
- Specific bequests are used to make a gift of a specific dollar amount or specific assets, such as stocks, bonds, real estate, or personal property.
- Contingent bequests in your will allow you to name an alternate beneficiary of your will, personal trust, or retirement plan in the event that one or more of your specific bequests cannot be fulfilled.
If you want to leave a legacy for the Brain Injury Association of America, you may use the suggested wording shown below. Please keep in mind that each individual situation is unique; therefore, these samples include only some of the possible gift opportunities. Click here to download sample bequest text.
Let Us Thank You: Futures Fund Legacy Society
If you have included the Brain Injury Association of America in your estate plans, please let us know. We would like to thank you for your generosity, make sure the purpose of your gift is understood by the Association, and recognize you as a member of the Futures Fund Legacy Society.