Do you want to get more involved with the brain injury community? Connect with BIAA! The opportunities below will allow you to invest your time and talent in a way that is meaningful to you. Use your skills to make an impact and help people living with brain injury – what a win-win! Read on for ways you can help or click here to watch a recording of our virtual presentation:
- Raise awareness of brain injury in your community. Click here to learn about our current awareness campaign, #MoreThanMyBrainInjury.
- Have you ever wondered how we create new programs or educational initiatives? We consult with the people who matter – members of our community! We rely on valuable feedback from survivors, caregivers, and professionals in the field. If you’re interested in contributing your opinions through a BIAA focus group, click here to sign up for our Focus Group E-mail List.
- Follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn so you can easily share our educational posts with your network.
- What brought you to BIAA and the world of brain injury? Share your story on our Personal Stories blog and read the stories of other people in the brain injury community.
- Calling all creatives! Use your talent to submit content for BIAA’s social media page. We love when our community shares artwork with us – here’s a recent example of art we featured on our Instagram page from artist and brain injury survivor Alison Rheaume. If you’re interested in helping to create content, email us. Be sure to include links to your artwork and a description of what you’d like to contribute in your email.
- Learn about important issues and current federal legislation affecting the brain injury community through our weekly e-newsletter, Policy Corner. Click here to sign up.
- Use our Legislative Issue Briefs when working with national, state, and local government officials to educate them about important topics. Click here to read and download the briefs.
- Did you have a good experience with an attorney after you or your loved one sustained a brain injury? Submit your nomination for our Preferred Attorney program.
- BIAA strives to improve accessibility in all the work we do. One of our goals is to have closed captions available for every webinar in our library. If you’d like to contribute your time to help increase accessibility for our community, email us.
- Do you sometimes feel like you could be a professional internet sleuth? Put your research skills to good use and help our National Brain Injury Information Center expand its state-by-state resource list. Email us for more information.
- Increase your own knowledge about brain injury. Visit our shop for books, webinars, and educational materials you can share, or explore our Resource Center for articles and videos.
- Get involved locally with a BIAA State Affiliate. Click here to find an affiliate near you.
- Want to make an impact? Host a fundraiser to support BIAA’s programs, services, and research initiatives. Click here to get started or make your own donation.
- If you have experience in marketing or fundraising at other organizations, consider joining our Fund Development Committee. Email us to learn more.
BIAA was founded more than forty years ago by a small group of volunteers who wanted to do more for the brain injury community. Volunteers are the lifeblood of BIAA today, both sustaining the organization and leading it into the future. Be a part of our community. Connect with BIAA!
Have questions or want to share an idea? Contact us.