Concussion Infographics & Fact Sheets
Raise awareness with our concussion infographics and fact sheets. Click the links above for classroom tips and tricks, return-to-play guidelines, information about signs and symptoms, and more!
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines concussion as a mild traumatic brain injury (mTBI) caused by a bump, blow, or jolt to the head or by a hit to the body that causes the head and brain to move rapidly back and forth. This sudden movement can cause the brain to bounce around or twist in the skull, stretching and damaging brain cells and creating chemical changes in the brain.
Use these concussion infographics to educate others in a simple, approachable way. To learn more about concussion, check out these resources:
- Brain Injury Association of America: About mTBI/Concussion
- CrashCourse: Concussion Education by TeachAids
- CrashCourse: Concussion Story Wall
- How long will it take me to recover from a concussion?
- CDC: What Is a Concussion?
For resources designed for teachers and other professionals, click here.