Tell Your Story
This is a safe place where people can share their stories and where others can comment on the stories they’ve read. We do not edit the stories, except to edit/redact information for privacy purposes and concerns relating to third party intellectual property rights. The words are your own, but we do have a few simple rules.
Guidelines for Personal Stories
- We cannot guarantee that every story will be posted, but we try to post a wide range of stories.
- We do not post stories with profanity or stories that violate our [social media guidelines].
- We cannot post videos.
- By submitting your story, you represent that the content of the story does not violate any third party intellectual property rights, and that any materials included in your submission are your original work or otherwise used with permission from the copyright owner(s), such as a professional photographer. You further agree to indemnify, defend, and hold BIAA harmless from any claim or loss incurred by reason of any violation of the preceding representations.
- By submitting your story, you grant to BIAA the right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use your submission in any way and in any medium, including but not limited to print or electronic form.
- Use the tags to find stories that will be helpful to you. Tags are terms used to describe the story.
- Commenting on stories is encouraged. Before participating in the conversation, please review our social media guidelines.
- Anyone may share the stories by utilizing the designated “share” icon displayed in conjunction with the posted stories.
This information and stories shared on the Personal Stories blog section are intended to raise awareness about brain injuries and further BIAA’s mission in advancing research, treatment, and education to improve the quality of life for all individuals impacted by brain injury. We cannot guaranty the accuracy or completeness of the stories shared. In no event shall BIAA be liable for any injuries or damages, including without limitation, incidental or consequential damages, resulting from the use or inability to use the content posted.
Help us do more for people like Cathy who rely on BIAA for resources and support.
Your gift could mean twice as much – our Board of Directors is matching gifts up to $25,000.